Tonight the FUBA National Basketball League resumes after a break in a new season that promises fireworks as teams have strengthened ahead of the opener. And speaking of strengthening, one team that seems to take things a notch higher is Betway-sponsored Power Basketball Club one of the ‘sleeping giants’ who have woken up by adding six new names to their roster to re-energise the already impressive looking squad.
The launch of the season which happened during a press conference earlier in the week at UOC offices, also saw the fixtures released officially and rivalries between some big names resumes this evening when UCU Canons take on A1 Challenge for the ladies opener, while City Oil battle Betway Power in what looks set to be the precursor to the outcome of the eventual winners or rather who will stay as the last team standing.
It will be full throttle action as Power will challenge City Oilers not only in today’s opener, but also for what already looks like an exciting season to come.
Power in a statement released yesterday say they are very ready to take on the Oilers and challenge for the National League title with the very best. Their new players are a mix of experience and raw talent and will surely add something to the team. That will be tested tonight at the Lugogo In-door stadium.
POWERS NEW SIGNINGS
- Sande Okot (Shooting Guard) is a former UCU Canons player with experience at Falcons and is seen as the main signing that will make an instant impact.
- Diego Angemi (Point Guard) is former KIU Titans, Warriors, Power BC player who is mature and experienced in game reading. Good shooter chips in with assists too and is composed.
- Bbale Sulaimani (Power Forward / Centre) formerly at Falcons Player is young, aggressive and great rebounder of the basketball, paint presence, good shot blocker too and s believed to a great future ahead..
- Tyrone Martin (Small Forward / Shooting Guard) is one of the best young talents playing basketball in Uganda, MVP Schools Nationals while in S.4 at Lubiri SS,guided them to National Basketball Championship in 2015,now at Kibuli SS. Great young talent, shoots, attacks the basket strong, technically gifted player.
- Francis Kasinde aka Odom (Small Forward / Power Forward) student from Ndejje University very aggressive, great left hand, he rebounds well, attacks the basket strong, shot blocks too,still young talent, with great future.
- Julius Wapera (Centre / Power Forward) Julius Wapera aka Shell (Center / Power Forward) former Warriors BC,Power BC player. He is a good rebounder, shot blocker, very experienced (won the league title with Power BC in 2000,2008,2010) He adds maturity, leadership to the team, he was a free agent, good addition.