The African kitenge is no longer just about embracing our culture, it’s now all about being trendy, sexy, sassy and gorgeous! There are quite a number of ways that you can rock your kitenge. However this all depends on what you want to tell the world about you. For the sassy divas that would lose a fingure for a sexy look, kitenge is the way to go! Below are a few things to assist in accentuating your kitenge look.
- Mix up your kitenge with another fabric; this could be chiffon, denim, less,velvet etc
- Once in a while, while befitting the occasion use a head wrap, this can look better while you a wearing a pair of kitenge shorts to match your head wrap.
- The tailor is also very important as the cloth should e fitting in the right places.
- For the ladies who are blessed with gorgeous cleavages, don’t fear to show it with the kitenge as it will deliver you a sexy outcome.
- The pair of heels you wear with your kitenge matters a lot. And mind you this will also depend on the occasion. You can wear a pair of moccasins, pumps, old schools etc but not sandals.
- For the sassy lady out there, try a plain dress with a matching kitenge jacket. This can even be worn in office.
- While selecting the kitenge be sure to choose colours according to your skin complexion. If your light-skinned then the calm/dull colours are much preferred and if your dark skinned the brighter colours would be a better option.
- The kitenge also allows cut-ways for the gorgeous ladies who are bold enough. You can do kitenge trousers and a crop top to show off your flat belly but mix it up with another fabric to look out standing.