- UHMG brings you The ladies Affair.
- Seven female Dj’s on one stage.
- Celebrating the international Women’s day in style.
The Pilplan Plus brand marketed by Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG) in conjunction with the Dj’s Association of Uganda is scheduled to hold the first ever “The Ladies Affair.” The event that is slated for the 7th of March 2017 in celebration of the International Womens day normally held on the 8th is the first of its kind that will bring together top female Dj’s in the country t celebrate with the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women all over the world.
The ladies affair will have seven top female Dj’s showcasing their deejaying skills for over 2000 revelers free of charge. Dj MaryJo one of the seven talented Djs is the brains behind this first ever event. She started her art back in 2010 under the Ras clan brand and made her way up to the Platinum djs. As one of the founders of the Dj’s association in Uganda this event is very important to her for it shines a light on not just the talent that Uganda has but that the female community have in an industry predominantly covered by men.
Under their 2017 theme “BE BOLD FOR CHANGE” they intend to not only change the stereotype that this profession is for men but also create awareness for the family planning campaign that Pilplan plus have to offer. Uganda with the highest fertility rate at 6.2% and a contraceptive prevalence as low as 26%, it is therefore imperative that the fertility rates are managed with family planning methods. 43% of the women tend to drop off this particular family planning method after a year of using it. Issues that have been sighted by the Uganda demographic research are the fact that women are very forgetful since it is something that has to be taken on a daily and also mainly because injectables are more of private and more discreet.
These ladies have faced several challenges in this particular industry and are using this event to break the silence and also stop the stereotype that only men are fit for this type of business. Dj MaryJo will be joined by the following;
- Dj Poffia, been in business since 2012, has played for punchline, T1 now Club Play, Venon, Amnesia, Dinners pub, Ambiance and currently works with Kadanke, Purple party and Kampala street Jam.
- Dj Lola, in business since 2015, currently plays for Nyondo club and Up country.
- Dj Sheila, in business since 2013, was currently trained by the famous Gong Dj Academy has worked with V pub, Gekko lounge, Sky lounge and Club Dj awards.
- Dj Cathy, started in 2015 and currently works with club silk and ripper Ink 256.
- Dj Racheal and Dj Exile will be joining this esteemed team.
The show will take place on 7th March in 2017 at Kyadondo rugby club and it will free of charge. There will be a mobile clinic courtesy of Pilplan plus to offer free family planning services and also free counseling for the revelers in attendance.
“Pilplan plus and UHMG value the contribution of women to their families by consuming our brand to plan better their families and providing for them.” said Catherine Nabbumba, Brand officer Pilplan plus.