Featured

Celebrities, High-profile Personalities Who Tested Positive For Coronavirus, See Who Has Recovered

The Coronavirus has affected and killed many people across the globe and forced it into a lockdown as scientists struggle to get a cure and vaccine for it. Many Top politicians, celebrities and sports people have been infected as governments take strict measures to curb the virus.

Many are still battling the disease in different hospitals and isolation centres while some few have lost their lives. We also have some reports of some public figures who have fully recovered.

The coronavirus pandemic has spread to at least 185 countries and territories, with the worldwide death toll from the virus surpassing the 114,000 mark on April 13. as authorities around the world grapple to contain the spread of the virus.

Many high-profile events have been cancelled include; the annual Met Gala , The Cannes Film Festival that often attract some of these celebrities have since been postponed indefinitely.

Hollywood actor Tom Hanks and his wife, actress and singer Rita Wilson, British actor Idris Elba, Britain’s Prince Charles, singer Pink and opera singer Placido Domingo are some of the best-known people to be infected so far.

Although Uganda has not yet reported any serious fatalities to date,no celebrities have also appeared among the 79 cases registered so far. So which other celebrities and high-profile people have tested positive so far?

GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS

Prince Charles: The Prince of Wales and heir to the British throne tested positive for the coronavirus on March 25. The 71-year-old displayed mild symptoms and remained in ‘good health’ according to a spokesman for the Clarence House royal residence, adding that he was self-isolating at a royal estate in Scotland. Prince Charles’s wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has also been tested but does not have the virus.

Prince Albert:  Monaco’s Prince Albert II tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the principality said in a statement adding.”no concerns for his health” and that the titular head of the Mediterranean enclave is continuing to work from his private apartments at the royal palace.

Kozo Tashima:  The head of Japan’s football association tested positive for the virus on March 17. Tashima is also deputy head of Japan’s Olympic Committee and has since improved.

Boris Johnson: The 55-year-old prime minister of the United Kingdom said on March 27 that he tested positive for coronavirus and was self-isolating. He was hospitalised on April 5 in what his office described as a “precautionary step”. Johnson was moved to the intensive care unit on April 6 after his symptoms worsened, and asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise for him “where necessary”.

CELEBRITIES:

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: The popular Hollywood couple announced on March 11 that they were infected and were admitted to a Gold Coast hospital in Australia. Both are now “feeling better” after two weeks of battling the virus.

Olga Kurylenko: The French actress, who starred in the Bond movie Quantum of Solace, announced on March 15 that she had tested positive for the coronavirus.

Idris Elba: The British actor and musician said he tested positive for COVID-19 on March 16 in a video posted on social media and that, although he had no symptoms, he was isolating himself from others. While on March 21, Sabrina Dhowre Elba’s wife, revealed she also tested positive for COVID-19.

“As soon as I heard that Idris was potentially exposed, I was on my way anyway and I wanted to be with him. I think that’s an instinct as a wife; you just want to go and take care,” Dhowre said.

Both are now recovering well after being discharged from hospital and even launched a $40M Fund to Help Others.

Kristofer Hivju: The 41-year-old actor, who played Tormund on Game of Thrones, tested positive for the new coronavirus on March 17. Known for his fiery red hair and beard, he said he and his family were in self-isolation at home in Norway.

Pink: On April 3, American singer Alecia Beth Moore, known as Pink, announced on Twitter she and her three-year-old son had spent two weeks in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus. They had both recovered, the singer said, announcing she was donating $1 million to help fight the pandemic.

View this post on Instagram

Two weeks ago my three-year old son, Jameson, and I are were showing symptoms of COVID-19. Fortunately, our primary care physician had access to tests and I tested positive. My family was already sheltering at home and we continued to do so for the last two weeks following the instruction of our doctor. Just a few days ago we were re-tested and are now thankfully negative. It is an absolute travesty and failure of our government to not make testing more widely accessible. This illness is serious and real. People need to know that the illness affects the young and old, healthy and unhealthy, rich and poor, and we must make testing free and more widely accessible to protect our children, our families, our friends and our communities. In an effort to support the healthcare professionals who are battling on the frontlines every day, I am donating $500,000 to the Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund in Philadelphia in honor of my mother, Judy Moore, who worked there for 18 years in the Cardiomyopathy and Heart Transplant Center. Additionally, I am donating $500,000 to the City of Los Angeles Mayor’s Emergency COVID-19 Crisis Fund. THANK YOU to all of our healthcare professionals and everyone in the world who are working so hard to protect our loved ones. You are our heroes! These next two weeks are crucial: please stay home. Please. Stay. Home.❤️

A post shared by P!NK (@pink) on

Kenneth “Babyface” Edmunds: The R&B singer and producer revealed on Twitter he and his family had tested positive for the coronavirus. “I would like to warmly thank everyone for all the birthday wishes today,” he said. “I feel so blessed to be able to celebrate another birthday. I tested positive for Covid19, as did my family. It’s an incredibly scary thing to go through my friends.” But he says they are doing well and are “on our way back to full health.”

SPORTS:

Deportivo Alaves: The Spanish football club confirmed a total of 15 positive coronavirus cases, including three players from the first-team squad and seven members of the coaching staff. None of those affected have displayed any symptoms, the La Liga side said in a statement on March 18.

Blaise Matuidi: The Juventus and France midfielder also tested positive for the coronavirus, the Turin-based Serie A club said in a statement on March 17. Juventus said Matuidi, a World Cup winner with France in 2018, was in self-isolation at home and not showing any symptoms. He has since fully recovred and is going about life in quarantine.

Daniele Rugani: Juventus player and Italian defender Rugani was one of the first to public figures to test positive for the virus. He has also recored.

Mikel Arteta: On March 12, the 37-year-old Arsenal manager was the first in England’s football Premier League to be diagnosed with the coronavirus. Arteta is now fully recovred and back home with his family.

Callum Hudson-Odoi: Was also one of the first to announce he tested positive on Mach  12th. The 19-year-old Chelsea winger also said he was infected. He is now feeling fine and back to training at home.

Paulo Dybala: The Italy-based Argentinian footballer announced he tested positive a few days later wih so many cases coming up in Italy making it one of the most hit to-date.

Rudy Gobert: The NBA Utah Jazz basketball star triggered criticism after mockingly touching the microphones and voice recorders at a media event on March 9, three days before he was diagnosed.

Sampdoria: Five footballers from the Italian club tested positive, along with the team’s doctor.

Marouane Fellaini: The former Manchester United football player who currently plays for the Chinese Super League tested positive COVID-19 on March 22 and announced on Instagram. He left hospital after 3 weeks of treatment at Jinan hospital in China.

Fellaini left hospital after fully recovering.

Sir Kenny Dalgish: The former Liverpool player and manager tested positive after being admitted to hospital.

Kevin Durant, basketball player: Breaking: Kevin Durant is among four Nets players who tested positive for the coronavirus. Durant confirmed the positive test to The Athletic and said he is feeling fine.

 

 

Most Popular

To Top
error: Content is protected !!