Cristiano Ronaldo has topped Instagram’s rich list as the celebrity is thought to be able to charge more than anyone else for a sponsored post.
The Juventus forward can charge advertisers $1.6m (£1.2m) per post on his account, according to social media marketing firm Hopper HQ.
Former Real Madrid star Ronaldo knocked wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson off the top spot and its the first time Ronaldo has topped the list, which started in 2017.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner boasts 308 million Instagram followers.
Johnson, who stars in the box office juggernaut Fast and Furious film franchise, has 250 million followers and can command just over $1.52m (£1m) per post, while pop star Ariana Grande ($1.51m) places third on the list.
Lionel Messi, who this week became a free agent after his Barcelona contract expired, is the only other sportsperson on the list’s top 10.
The Argentine, who has 224 million followers, can charge up to $1.1m (£798,011) per post, placing him seventh.
Paris St-Germain and Brazil forward Neymar ($824,000) is the next highest-placed athlete on the list in 16th.
UK-based company Hopper HQ, which runs social media accounts on behalf of companies and individuals, published its first Instagram rich list in 2017.
It analyzed internal and publicly available data to reveal a list of the highest-paid celebrities and influencers on Instagram. The data considers factors such as average engagement, how often they post, industry variables, and the number of followers.
Since last year the estimated cost for an Instagram post by Ronaldo, who made headlines in June when he removed two bottes of Coca-Cola at a press conference before Portugal’s Euro 2020 opener against Hungary, has increased by 54%.
There are six women in the top 10 although this is the first year in which a Kardashian or Jenner has not featured in the top three.
The 10 celebrities who can charge the most per Instagram post
- Cristiano Ronaldo, 308m followers – just over $1.6m per post
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, 250m followers, $1.52m per post
- Ariana Grande, 247 million followers, $1.51m per post
- Kylie Jenner, 244 million followers, $1.49m per post
- Selena Gomez, 241 million followers – $1.46m per post
- Kim Kardashian, 232 million followers – $1.41m per post
- Lionel Messi, 224 million followers – $1.16m per post
- Beyonce Knowles, 189 million followers – $1.14m per post
- Justin Bieber, 180 million followers – $1.11m per post
- Kendall Jenner, 172 million followers -$1.05m per post
Source: Hopper HQ
More on BBC.com