It is no longer hearsay that kampala has sea food shops, For awhile now many sea food lovers have had to go to the best hotels around town just to get a juicy bite into the delicable sea food. Seeing as we now have the stores to enable you to cook for your self or impress your loved one with a scrumptious meal, here is a recipe for Garlic & chilli prawns.
This recipe is easy too make and shouldn’t take more than 10 minute to prepare, if you are worried about you calorie count, you will be glad to know it basically a high in protein and just 2.2 grams of carbs. A total calorie count of 280.
- 8 large raw shell-on king prawns , from sustainable sources
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 50 ml olive oil , ideally Spanish
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lemon
- Peel the prawns, removing the heads and leaving the tails on. Run the tip of a knife down the backs of the peeled prawns and pull out and discard the dark vein.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop with the chilli (deseed if you like). Pick and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the oil into a shallow heatproof terracotta dish or a small frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the garlic and chilli and fry for 30 seconds to flavour the oil, before stirring in the paprika.
- Add the prawns and fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, adding most of the parsley when you turn the prawns.
- Squeeze half the lemon juice into the dish, then remove from the heat and sprinkle over the remaining parsley and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve sizzling with warm crusty bread, the remaining lemon cut wedges for squeezing over, and a glass of good Spanish wine.